There are many celebrities with social anxiety. Social anxiety disorder is so widespread that even celebrities can’t escape from it, perhaps because of the pressure to which they are being subjected to always being in the spotlight of the media and fans.
There are many famous people with anxiety who suffer every day just like the rest of us.
Social anxiety in celebrities is pretty widespread, and being in the spotlight only makes it harder to deal with.
It must be terrible for celebrities with a social anxiety disorder in these conditions, but there are treatments to help you recover. We are so accustomed to the eccentricities of the celebrities, who sometimes do strange, crazy things or lose control.
But, a lot of this behavior may be a response to a social anxiety disorder. Even celebrities are not immune to phobias. Even famous people have trouble fighting social anxiety disorders and phobias.
Can you imagine having to do tv and press interviews while suffering from social phobia?
It must be a nightmare for anyone in that position. Try imagining yourself having to do that on a daily basis.
Most of us with social anxiety problems have a difficult time in social situations. We are shy and self-conscious. But we are not famous or a celebrity. We think everyone is looking at us and judging us. The fact is that they are not doing that at all.
Famous people who have mental illness though are different in that regard.
But if you are a celebrity or a well-known person, then your fears are valid. People are looking at you and maybe making judgments about you. You find it impossible even to go out for a meal without being recognized.
You cannot shop or do anything most people do every day.
Michael Jackson would have a store closed to the public. Then he could do some shopping without being the center of attention.
So think about that the next time you are in a store or restaurant for example. People do not gaze at you or judge you at all. This thinking is part of the social anxiety condition, and you can change it over time.
Remember this the next time you are at a social event. Celebrities with social anxiety disorder have a much harder time dealing with it.
Celebrities With Social Anxiety Disorder:
1. Jennifer Lawrence: One of the most fashionable actresses, the protagonist of “The Hunger Games”, Jennifer Lawrence admitted having suffered from anxiety at some point in her life, a kind of social phobia that made her feel excluded.
Combating social anxiety as a celebrity is hard always being in the public spotlight.
2. Hugh Laurie: The protagonist of the series “House” has admitted his fight against anxiety and depression due to the stress of recording the program and being away from his family, so he visited a therapist constantly.
3. Lady Gaga: The queen of eccentricity, Lady Gaga, confirmed that she had used marijuana as a personal treatment for anxiety. The singer was overtaken by her international success. This success involved an excess of work. She also had more responsibility and the stress of always being in front of the cameras and fans.
4. Drew Barrymore: The actress revealed that she had anxiety after the birth of her son, because of the stress of keeping a person alive. Also, this disorder has been part of her life, due to the obsession that she has to do her job well.
5. Jim Carrey: Despite being identified as one of the best comedians, he confirmed that he had suffered bouts of depression and anxiety, so he used to take medication like Prozac.
6. Halle Berry: The actress confessed that she tried to commit suicide after her divorce from David Justice and she has also recorded cases of depression.
7. Owen Wilson: The actor of “Midnight in Paris” was hospitalized for suicide attempts. He has constantly battled depression and drug addiction. To overcome it, he takes antidepressant treatment and therapy.
8. Kirsten Dunst: The star of Spiderman has battled depression and anxiety caused by the pressures of her career. She took a moment away from the limelight and the red carpet to relax.
9. Colin Farrell: The actor suffered from severe depression after some ups and downs in his career. He had treatment for chronic insomnia. The treatment went on for twelve years.
Celebrities suffer social anxiety problems like everyone else
Let us examine the causes of anxiety in famous people with social anxiety. We find the same reasons as in everyday people.
Although, media pressures to which they are subjected can cause not only generalized anxiety but can also lead to phobias.
Such as eating disorders. And maybe even suicidal thoughts as happened to actress Halle Berry.
Other celebrities and famous people with social anxiety disorder.
These celebrities have been overtaken by fame and fear.
For example Scarlett Johansson, Nicole Kidman, Jessica Alba, and Beyonce.
So it is clear that anyone can suffer from a social anxiety disorder, but it ‘s nice to know that you can cure it. No one is immune, but you can overcome it and lead a happy and productive life. Start your treatment today.
There are lots of ways to overcome your social anxiety symptoms.
It is difficult but easier if you are not in the public gaze on a daily basis because celebrities with social anxiety disorders have a tougher time dealing with the problem.
With technology today, anyone can take a photograph of a celebrity instantly. Mobile phones have cameras, and a photo could be uploaded and online in seconds. There is no hiding anymore.
It is not just the paparazzi who can get good pictures anyone with a mobile device can. Then these pictures are shared online among the different social media sites which are terrible for anyone trying to protect their privacy.
Celebrities with social anxiety disorder have a difficult time because of all this technology.
Maybe you should be grateful you are not in the public eye. Famous people with anxiety disorders are not so lucky because being famous brings a lot of baggage with it, and the pressure to cope is much more difficult for celebrities.
Do you think celebrities with social anxiety disorder have a more difficult time than the rest of us?
What do you think? Please leave a comment below and share if you found this useful. Sharing is caring.